The weekend was too busy for this upgrade effort really, but at least I made a decent start:
- getting rid of the old hard disks in my old workstation (they were getting too small for all this data)
- making full transition to the official version of Windows 7 (I bought a boxed set of the Ultimate version)
- migrating all my data to the new, 1,5 TB main disk (Western Digital Caviar Green, I bought two of these)
- setting up an identical disk to my Windows Server 2008 system (the unet.fi main machine)
- setting up some kind of mirroring or synchronization scheme to make data in the workstation and server identical.
The two last steps are the ones I did not have time to do this weekend. Maybe this is a good thing, I need to do further research on the Windows 7 backup and synchronization options. I would really wish for a LAN sync version of Dropbox, but I think that version is not out of beta yet. Any tips for keeping really big data piles backed up & in sync at your home network?
One thought on “Windows 7 Ultimate & WD 1,5 TB disks”
Comments are closed.