Game Studies and Play Studies have much potential for dialogue and synergy. Please note the new journal:
The International Journal of Play is an inter-disciplinary publication focusing on all facets of play. It aims to provide an international forum for mono- and multi-disciplinary papers and scholarly debate on all aspects of play theory, policy and practice from across the globe and across the lifespan, and in all kinds of cultural settings, institutions and communities. The journal will be of interest to anthropologists, educationalists, folklorists, historians, linguists, philosophers, play workers, psychologists, sociologists, therapists and zoologists.
- Reports on research projects
- Review work across an area of research
- Papers concerned with theory-practice links
- Policy critiques and expositions
- Reviews and analysis of contemporary and historical publications
- Essays, memoirs, and other forms of reflective writing
- Writing that builds on the experience and voices of children and young people
- Theoretical position papers
Peer Review Policy:
All papers submitted to International Journal of Play undergo rigorous peer review based on editor screening and anonymous refereeing by at least two referees.